Friday 7 January 2011

New Year

I have been ispired by reading other blogs to make a few resolutions for the coming year. Despite the fact that i always do this then don't keep them I get this annual optimisitc feeling that all my failings can be sorted out by being resolute at this time of year. Unfortunately they are nothing dramatic, no confession of sins just my usual desire to do things a bit better!

1. I am going to read the whole Bible this year using the Murray McCheyne plan. This will let me read the OT once and the NT and Psalms twice. This is my perennial failure, I have read Genesis and Exodus and occasionaly a bit further lots of times but I'm going to try again.

2. Although its appropriate for the Bible to be first the rest are in no particular order which is why filing is next. I realised last year after another day long tidy and organise of my office that I am not a tidy person. It seems like I should have realised this before then but there you are. I am going to try to file stuff and put stuff away more regularly this year.

3. Chris Kidd in his resolutions says he is going to read 60 books this year. I think that is an impressive amount but not one I will emulate I think. I do love reading so my resolution is to read 30 Christian books this year as well as the other novels tec I will also read. I found I read a lot more before I had kids but on balance having the kids is worth missing out on a few books!

No comments: